Housing association accident claims

If you live in a property that is owned by a Housing Association and have suffered some form of injury due to their negligence then you may be able to claim compensation.

Housing Associations have a duty to keep a property in a good state of repair and to ensure that the property is well maintained and in a decent state for a tenant to live in.

Every year hundreds of people are injured as a result of accidents in Housing Association properties, many of which could have been avoided if the Association had performed regular checks. Often the tenant will have reported the potential hazard after which time the Association has a legal duty to respond as soon as possible. If the tenant then suffers an injury as a result of this hazard not being removed then it may be possible to pursue a claim for compensation against the Housing Association.

Typical causes of accidents that happen in Housing Association houses are:

At Amelans we have specific experience in this area of Personal Injury Law. We have run many claims against Housing Associations with considerable success, having become very familiar with the issues and arguments that are often raised by these notoriously steadfast associations. It is vital when making an injury compensation claim against a Housing Association that you consult a specialist in this field who will have the experience and expertise to handle your case.