Common Causes of Aeroplane Injuries
There are numerous different types of injuries sustained during an airline flight that lead to injury, or even fatality.
The following are common examples of aviation injury claims with which Amelans are able to assist:-
- Falling baggage or objects from overhead lockers – items may fall out of these overhead compartments by way of an involuntary opening of the cabinet or by other passengers and cabin crew opening the same without regard to the contents.
- Burns from hot drinks and liquids – most commonly, cabin crew can fail to exercise reasonable care when pouring or passing out hot beverages. In addition, turbulence or persons can collide to cause spillage and burns.
- Slips, trips and falls when aboard or boarding and alighting an aircraft – steps, ramps and walkways can present hazards by way of their condition or any substance thereon. Passengers with mobility issues can be unsafely transferred by ground staff. Emergency evacuation procedures can present a risk of physical harm if not appropriately adopted.
- Slips, trips and falls within or outside the airport terminal buildings – whether before or after passport control, spillages, wet surfaces and tripping hazards remain a danger to a proceeding passenger. Injuries can also occur in airports by way of contact with baggage carousels and escalators.
- Collision with service trolleys, fellow passengers and or cabin crew. Aircraft cabins are confined areas and give limited room for passenger and crew movement. In flight service trolleys pushed into passenger limbs protruding in aisles can cause serious injury.
- Food poisoning and dental injuries – airline catering companies may provide food which is unsafe for consumption or contains foreign bodies which can also damage teeth.
- Collision and injury from unexpected aircraft movement and in-flight turbulence. Turbulence can be caused by weather, the wakes of other preceding aircraft in the same airspace or clear air currents and can cause injury by way of passenger displacement.
Mrs Dobbins was injured after tripping up on a pavement, causing damage to both her knees.
My contact at Amelans always took time to explain at various stages as to how my claim was progressing which meant I didn’t have to worry about how the claim was going.
Mrs Thorpe was injured following an accident involving a tractor and trailer.
Amelans were courteous at all times and kept me well informed of what was happening even if it was only to say that they were waiting for replies from the other side.
Ms Dawson was injured when a car wrongly pulled out from a side road resulting in a collision
I found that using Amelans was a stress-free experience and my case was settled very quickly. I would definitely recommend them to my family
Mrs Timlin suffered multiple injuries while being a passenger in a vehicle.
Nothing was too much trouble especially when I phoned for advice and this was very much appreciated. Thank you for all your help with my case.
Mr McAllister suffered an injury to his right hand after a motorbike accident where someone pulled out in front of him.
I did worry that I would have to do an awful lot of work myself but this was certainly not the case.
Mrs Williamson was put in touch with Amelans at the very start of the claim who informed her on every step.
I was injured whilst at work at a major supermarket resulting in muscular and soft tissue injury to my back.
Amelans helped Mr Jones to claim following an accident at a hotel in Devon whilst on a golfing holiday.
"Amelans provided a first class service. I was delighted with the way that it was handled. A polite, prompt and authoritative service was provided at all times. Thank you very much”.
Amelans helped me resolve my claim when I was injured at work
Amelans were very understanding and professional. I always felt that my case was important to them.
Miss Moore suffered horrific injuries especially to her legs and spine
"I was put in touch with Amelans after my return to England. I am extremely grateful to the person at Amelans who handled my case."
I suffered a mouth injury following an incident at work
I would definitely recommend Amelans to anyone in a similar situation. I can’t thank them enough for all their help